Welcome to My Canvas

A fun, random, delightful sort of a place where you can bring your coffee or earl grey and settle in for a laugh, a cry or some much needed encouragement...

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Change is Coming

Can you hear it? Can you feel it? Do you sense it? I do. It's coming. Change is coming.

I find myself in an odd place of limbo. Almost like the air right now. Warmer during the day yet still crisp and chilly at night... Spring is almost here... I can almost breath it in, yet it's still a few weeks away from fully revealing it's sunny, flowering, newness.

That's where I also am with a huge part of my life. More change is coming. I can almost embrace it but not quite because I'm not sure exactly what I am dealing with yet. I am in that limbo state where I can almost stand straight again, but not quite because the pole is still sitting just above my head.

Once the pole is gone...once the chilly nights leave us, what will be left? What am I standing up straight to? What will be involved with the change?

I'm not sure. But I know Who is. I know He knows every detail. He knows every flower that will bloom in just a few weeks time and He knows how many blades of grass are about to burst forth from the earth. He knows.

He knows what is just around the bend and He isn't keep it from me as some sort of game. He isn't laughing at me for not knowing. He is simply waiting. His timing is always perfect and it is for my good and His good. He loves me and He is comforting me as I wait. He is surrounding me and filling me with His peace as I wait.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans not to harm you but to bring you good, to give you a future and a peace." Jeremiah 29:11

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. " Lamentations 3:22-23

I am looking forward to Spring, a new season and more change. With change comes growth, with growth comes sanctification and with sanctification comes a better understanding and closeness with my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment