Welcome to My Canvas

A fun, random, delightful sort of a place where you can bring your coffee or earl grey and settle in for a laugh, a cry or some much needed encouragement...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Redeem the Time


See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16

While my hubby is slaving away in his studies, I decided to take a class myself that is offered for Seminary Wives! It is called "Redeeming the Time" and my teacher is none other than the President's wife. She can be a bit intimidating as she seems to have it ALL together...have you ever met someone like that? Thankfully, though she is teaching me how to at least "appear" that way as well. ha ha!

She truly is a delightful women and has quite a bit of experience in ministry. I came across an article that she had written years ago that I hope will encourage you during this season...

Mary K. Mohler -
Sometimes I feel as though I'm being pulled by the hand, my hair blowing behing me as in a wind tunnel. It's almost as though I'm living in a fast-forward mode with scenes passing by at record speed. I am still in my thirties, yet days, months, and years fly by, especially when I look at the faces of my children.

Our lives are a mere blip on the world's radar screen. We want to make a lasting impact for the cause for Christ. We can recite names of ministry wives from histroy who have made signigicant contributions, women from Katharina Luther to Susanna Wesley to Sarah Edwards to Susannah Spurgeon, to name just a few. Countless others have made a profound impact, althought few people would recognize their names.

God has purposely placed women in our lives whom we can mentor and influence for a season. There are opportunities for Kingdom advancement all around us. How tragic when we let these opportunities clip by! If God grants us length of days, we wil lahve the joy of sitting in our rocking chairs to reflect on our lives. Will you regret that you were too busy to redeem the time? Did you let disorganization and misplaced priorities limit your availability? Today is the day to resolve to make changes, with the Lord's help.

What will history record about your pilgrimage as a ministry wife? Think about what you want your legacy to look like. Pray about how you can take steps toward achieving what the Lord wants you to do- and then redeem the time and do it.

Lord, let us be wise even today to use whatever circumstances come our way to be tasks undertaken for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment